Sunday, December 4, 2016

The restaurant with a side of UVA



   Howdy, the name's Winston. My apologies to my fellow war heroes, I mean readers, no, war heroes sound fine, that have not heard from the old Winston. Don't worry, I'm NOT dead, I think. What happened is that Ruth used our window browser bill on a new viola case! At least she's not vacuuming.

  Today I went to visit my great-niece, Rachel. Rachel is in college at the UVA university. I've accepted the fact that she chose UVA over the pride and joy that comes from the military. My great-nephew, Alex, knows what I'm yapping about. As I was saying, Ruth insisted we go to visit Rachel. Unfortunately, I had to leave the old duck cane in the cottage so that Ruth could make room for her viola.

 Once we arrived at "Virginia", I shuddered. I thought Virginia was in the South. It was freezing, I'm glad Stephen the duck cane was left in beautiful Oregon. Ruth spotted Rachel on an application on her cellular mobile. We went out to eat at some restaurant. My aging eyes could see once more once I observed that they had the chairs I designed by the window. Good for them! I insisted that we sit there instead of sitting at tables with chairs of lesser value.

 Ruth of course bought the most expensive meal there was on the menu with a side of fries. Good thing that I stopped eating years ago, or else, I'd be on the streets.

Love and Hate from the EAST!

-Winston

No comments:

Post a Comment